Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Observing,and being observed

Sometimes I sit at the window on my balcony (I live in a 10 stores flat,on the 6th level) watching the city.I do that night or day,doesn't matter.During day I listen to the 'citys noise'..an ambulance here,a truck's big noisy horn there,sometimes just the small cars with their noisy engines.Sometimes I can hear some loud music coming from far away,probably from some teenagers apartment..or so I tend to believe.There is tho,a moment when it's really quiet even during day...sometime between 3 and 4 o'clock.It's actually so quiet that you can hear the wind whistling while it passes thru the small number of trees around the flats.I love that little moment of the day when even the streets around me are empty.It gives me shivers,most of the time.When the night falls,when most of the people go to sleep in their tiny apartments,that is when the silence falls upon the city.So I stand there,watching the dark streets (as far as I can see from my balcony of course ) and listening to the quiet of the night.Now and then a lost soul passes by on the dark street,coming home from a meeting,or a date,or a party..or maybe he just went out for a walk,the beauty is that,you never know!you can only assume and imagine..take a guess!Sometimes I'm the lost soul 'haunting' the streets,searching for an answer..and I like to believe there's someone else watching me from their balcony,standing there,in the dark,watching me as I get close just to slowly fade again on the dark alleys.

Good night dear city,good night citizens!

No comments:

Post a Comment