Monday, January 20, 2014

We come and go. We leave only so we can return.

It wasn't long ago that I left all behind, being so sure I am leaving for good. Looking for a new place, a new life, a new you, another me. I did find all of those, but one. Beneath the oak tree standing tall, as if to take the shape of a guardian, under the hypnotizing moonlight.. I found the shadows and walked amongst them. It took a while, but I eventually realized those shadows were only reflections on a frozen lake. Once you break the ice, it cracks beneath the shadows while the black water swallows them.

Shadows were not the only thing I found on those misty,frozen, lands. There is no shadow without light, embrace one and you control the other. Hope, such a small word, yet such great power. The streets all lightened up, one, by one. With every street lamp lighting up, another alley showing up from the dark; another choice, another road.. all mine and waiting to be walked upon.  With steady feet I traveled here and there, until.. until it was enough. 


Have you ever felt you accomplished your target, without knowing exactly what the target was? Because I did, and so I went back. Back to the first line of a drawing, but having drawn half of it in my own mind. Back to the first stroke of a pen, but having written a whole book before your eyes. Back to the first unpinned button of her shirt, yet already seeing her naked body reflecting the dim light of a red candle.


There are unfinished stories in this old place I once called home. I still call it that, but I do not feel it any longer. It is more of a half finished book, there's chapters to be filled and I would rather fill them now. Before the dust, that sets over with time, will cover all these pages taking away the words.


"Can you hear me?"


Love,

Just.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so - will go you back? or is the story already written?i like those images in here. vigorous. vivid

    ReplyDelete